Friday, August 6, 2010

Welcome to my Blog ! Let's talk about books !

I would like to talk about books.....in particular what we now refer to as "Africana" in other words any type of book concerning Southern Africa. Books about all aspects of Southern African life, it's history, peoples and places from it's earliest days.

This is a great country and whether you are at home or far away I shall try and make this blog as interesting, informative and as helpful as possible.

You are welcome to contribute or comment.This blog is connected directly to my web site.... http://www.dougfindsbooks.com/ and for direct access to the individual 'categories' such as "Africana-History" and , after perhaps browsing, should you wish to order by following the clear instructions it is simple and straightforward.

There is also a  'Book Finding Service' which is free.Or a simple 'e 'mail to colnic@telkomsa.net will suffice.
Whilst "Africana "is clearly the main topic, many other 'genre' are featured.

Through the medium of my web site I have been asked many questions about the various authors whose books are featured and indeed about some who were not and who I have since added. Those who are popular and whom I shall feature invidually are :-

                     Lawrence G Green
                     T V Bulpin
                     A P Cartwright
                     H V Morton
                     Eric Rosenthal
                     Hedley A Chilvers
                     and many others.

I also aim to provide for as many authors as possible a list of their published titles .
Please let me know if there is any other information I can supply.

No comments: