Saturday, January 28, 2012

"BILLY BUNTER" COLLECTABLE YOUNG PEOPLES READING OF YESTERYEAR.

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than when am asked to find books that I enjoyed in my formative years ! and when a lovely clean copy, complete with dust jacket of a "Billy Bunter",and a first edition as well,appears before me I am really delighted.It will join my "Biggles" and "Just William" books to be found in my "Children and Just William' section on my web site, www.dougfindsbooks.com.
Just to complete my day a gorgeous copy, in great condition, of "Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame came into my possession.For me this is the most wonderful of children's books and the stories and their delightful illustrations of Toad, Badger, Rat and Mole take me back to the radio broadcasts of Uncle Mac.Oh Happy Days !

No comments: