Sunday, February 27, 2011

SOUTH AFRICAN BOOKS /AFRICANA

A word of explanation for those of you new to my blog.Whilst I am not a purist in my interpretation of the term'Africana' I try and include on my web site  'www.dougfindsbooks.com' and on my blog 'dougs africana and collectable books ' as wide a selection of books about Southern Africa as I can,whether it be about this  region  or indeed written by an author from this area.What I have discovered is not only a fast growing interest in South Africa and it's surrounding countries but also an incredible number of different books and authors who fall into this category.
Of course, whilst 'Africana" accounts for a high proportion of sales I do keep many other subjects of interest to the reader and collector, both fact and fiction..
For me the greatest pleasure is finding books for people.I just wish I had more time.The demands of running a web site and a blog are considerable but it has it's rewards.By being linked to Bid or Buy not only produces orders but also supplies me with feedback from customers.People are very kind.Thank you !

No comments: